Google Ad Sense

The Sheila Divine: "Countrymen"

The Sheila Divine - Where Have My Countrymen Gone - Countrymen

Friday, March 2, 2007

Inside and Out

Song: "Inside and Out"
Artist: Feist
Album: Let It Die

So about two years ago I interviewed Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty fame for a website I write for. And I asked him what he was listening to at the time. One of those artists he mentioned was Feist, aka Leslie Feist, Canadian singer/songwriter. Feist had just released her breakthrough album, Let It Die. She's got this soft, subtle, but extremely powerful voice and an old soul that makes for a very powerful album. But this particular track, a cover of the Bee Gees' "Inside and Out," is one of my favorite re-makes of all time. Yeah, this is the freaking Bee Gees we're talking about, but Feist does the song justice and then some.

No comments: