Google Ad Sense

The Sheila Divine: "Countrymen"

The Sheila Divine - Where Have My Countrymen Gone - Countrymen

Monday, February 26, 2007

Flat Tire

Song: "Flat Tire"
Artist: Athenaeum
Album: Radiance

I remember when my band was playing a show at the old Peabody's in Cleveland about ten years ago. We wound up having to play the show on the back patio instead of in the club, because Athenaeum was coming to town and the club bumped us from the main stage. I also remember pulling up to the club and seeing a line wrapped around the street for folks to buy tickets to see them. I didn't know who they were then, but about a month later I saw them open for the Goo Goo Dolls and was blown away. Athenaeum was touring in support of their new album, Radiance, and nearly every song on the album was a perfectly crafted rock tune. More importantly, I still listen to this album all the time.

No comments: